The Regional Sales Representative positions is responsible for developing highly valued relationships with Farm and Ranch retail partners, distributors and independent hardware accounts. Results are achieved through account management and effective sales calls, identifying opportunities to drive business growth, support the execution of agreed to sales and marketing plans, the assessment of local market opportunities and training seasonal associates
1. Build strong relationships with key decision makers of assigned accounts and to assist with sales into distributors and independent hardware stores.
2. Maximizing growth opportunities with existing customers and prospect for viable new growth accounts without cannibalizing current customers.
3. Recommend and develop pre-season orders and conduct business and marketing reviews, as applicable.
4. Identify and communicate local insights and competitive activity to influence marketing plans, tactics and regional product development.
5. Conduct product knowledge training for retailers and consumers, as appropriate.
6. Develop, present and execute agreed to sales plan to achieve assigned goals within assigned customer accounts.
7. Present business reviews for assigned customer accounts to buyers, PBI management and internal partners.
8. Assist retailers in the proper merchandising of Gordon’s product lines including the use of point-of –purchase materials, as appropriate, to meet the account’s needs.
9. Execute management initiatives including performance, providing feedback as well as creating development plans.
10. Manage your own account merchandiser budget as well as advertising calendar.
11. Meet all administrative and compliance requirements. Properly utilize all technical tools to enhance productivity and maximize efficiencies.
12. Work with Sales Management, through the use of customer forecasts and internal forecasts, to ensure efficient supply of inventory.
13. Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making
recommendations to management.
14. Ensure a safe work environment for all work associates.